Whether you are a dog person or a cat person (or both!) here are some tips that will help your pet and your plumbing!
1. Install a drain strainer before giving your pup a bath! Most all dogs shed, some a LOT, but all dogs will shed some hair when you are giving them a bath. Make sure you have a drain strainer to catch that hair so it doesn't clog your pipes!
2. Wrap exposed pipes. If your home has exposed pipes your dog or cat might of just found a new chew toy! To avoid a pricey repair make sure they are wrapped.
3. Do not flush cat litter. Some cat little claim to be flushable, but it's best not to risk it.
4. Keep the toilet seat down. This is a hard one for some people! But, we clean our toilets with chemicals that are not safe for your pets to ingest.
5. Watch the digging. We hope your dog isn't a digger, for your sake. But, if they are you need to make sure they aren't digging up your sewer lines!